As we are nearing the end of 2018, I was thinking about how many new trends there have been this year. Anywhere from brands to people there were many changes. RoRo K Designs and I decided to collab to share with you guys some of the most popular things we’ve noticed from 2018 from the eyes of 2 teens( Make sure to check out her post & Insta). I know these aren’t everythinggg, but they are all things that I know my friends & I have became obsessed with. I have a lot to talk about, so lets just get to it with my 2018 recap…(ps. comment down below if you think I’m missing anything huge)
- The Fuzzy Jackets…- This is the number one thing I see day to day @ school. Whether someone is wearing a comfy outfit or a fashionable outfit, the majority of the time girls have a fuzzy jacket paired with it. This is because #1 they are so so comfortable- its literally like your wearing a cloud-, and #2 they match with almost anything.
- Mom Jeans are back….- This is one I remember hearing about more from the spring into the summer. When thrifting aka thrift shopping became bigger this year all of a sudden I saw everyone wearing mom jeans. Skinny jeans aren’t that comfortable. These were so comfortable to wear, and just looked cute with a lot of looks. This goes along with what I think the bigger fashion trend was this year…
- Comfortable clothing all day…. – I’ve noticed this year the biggest goal for teenage girls is the cute & comfy look. This means literally what the name says, looking good while not being uncomfortable. I’ve noticed lots of oversized jackets & messy buns with some sort of pop of color- usually red or yellow- in sooo many Instagram photos.
- Funky glasses all over Instagram….– ANY weird shaped, colored, or unique pair of glasses were bought by any teenage girl who is a fan of Emma Chamberlain. She pretty much started this trend for the year.
- Doc Martins & Scrunchies from your Moms closet…– I put these two together since they were both huge in 90’s, but have made a big comeback in 2018. These two items and many other 90’s trends have became popular again this year.
- Glossier gets my vote…– This year was definitely Glossier’s claim to fame. Up until this year I never really knew what Glossier was, but then out of no where I heard everyone talking about it & knew I needed to try them out! Ever since my first purchase I have been hooked, and its been my favorite makeup brand since July.
- Morphe was hot this year...- This brand became popular from their Jaclyn Hill palette released in 2017, and now became even bigger from the release of a palette from the iconic, sister James Charles. These palettes are huge in the beauty community, and work super well with Morphes great brushes. I use a morphe brush everyday to put the hoola bronzer on my eye lids and it works great!
- Milk Makeup promotes personal style…– One of the biggest trends this year was the ” no makeup, makeup look” & brands like Milk Makeup- And Glossier- helped teens achieve this. Both brands use a lot of creme products & products that are buildable. The cooling water stick was definitely Milk Makeups most popular product this year
- Rex Orange County– I might be a little biased with this one because according to Spotify he was my most listened to artist this year, and my top songs this year were Best Friend, Sunflower, Loving is Easy, Boredom, and Television which are all his. Rex did become very big this year because I had never really knew who he was till this year, but now he’s on the radio, played on Jimmy Fallon, and is in many huge music festivals. He’s even on my Mom’s station on Sirius xm in the car. LOL
- Drake– “Kiki do you Love Me” was Drakes iconic moment for 2018. Drake has been popular for a long time now, but the dance craze he made this year was huge. Even though that song is very overplayed & irritating, it was great until the radio literally killed it by playing it all day everyday:(
- Travis Scott– Astroworld was a big album this year! It featured some great collaborations between artists, and led him to have a big tour. Also, you can’t forget about Stormi Travis & Kylie Jenner’s baby they had this year but kept it secret until she was born. Very entertaining and a great twist for extra attention the Kardashians always look for.
- Ariana Grande– (Thank you,) Next we have Ariana Grande the literal Queen of all things music. She has had quite the year. She broke off an engagement, had an Ex unfortunately pass away, and had a platinum song- #1 on the billboard charts- hit 176 million views on its music video in 2 weeks.
- The Sister Squad– Emma Chamberlain, James Charles, Grayson Dolan, and Ethan Dolan… all in my opinion were the best youtubers from 2018, and the only good part of the 2018 YouTube rewind video. All of their channels have grown so much this year, and I’ve spent hours watching their videos this year.( ps. Ethan & Emma are definitely dating)
- David Dobrik-How could I not include David & the #vlogsquad. I’ve probably watched their videos the most this year because they are just hilarious and everyone needs that after a long day of tests at school.
- PewDiePie– I really don’t watch this channel, but its the youtuber with the most subscribers so I knew I had to include him. He has 76 million followers in case you were wondering.
- Shane Dawson– He has always been popular, but this year he started doing little mini series on specific youtubers. These videos got real popular and all have millions of views.
- Netflix actors– Especially from the movies “To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before” & “The Kissing Booth” actors and actresses like Noah Centineo, Lana Condor, Joey King, and Jacob Elordi all became super hot from their movies
- Kylie Jenner– Obviously little Stormi was a big shock this year to the public because the Kardashians surprisingly kept it a secret for so long! Forbes magazine named Kylie the fifth richest person in the U.S. She is after Michael Jordan and before Jay-Z. ( That probably makes Beyoncé’ mad)
- Megan Markle– After the royal wedding she was fully put in the spot light… you know since she is now a literal PRINCESS!
- Mason Ramsey– aka the yodeling boy in Walmart, I just put him on this list because no one really knew who he was until he went viral this year.
- Antonio Garza– Not everyone would know about this girl, but she blew up on YouTube this year! She only started her channel this year, but already has 2.3 million subscribers. It usually takes a youtuber a long time to hit these numbers but she did with her hilarious makeup videos.
- Air Pods– This was the item was on everyones Christmas list this year. I see them all over school, all over the internet, and literally everywhere else! These things are taking over the world by storm, so what do I do… ask for them for Christmas ( Good job Apple @ taking everyone’s money yet again)
- Brandy Melville Clothes– You can ask anyone & they will tell you I’m obsessed with Brandy clothes… its an addiction. I can’t stop myself from buying their clothes. The stores in NYC are my favorites. It makes me feel better though since a HUGE amount of people in the world also shop there!
- Bullet Journaling– I’ve seen this all over VSCO, Pinterest, and other peoples blogs all year. If you don’t know what this is it’s artsy agendas people make & they are literally soooo cute.
- Stickers– This year stickers have came back in style. When I was younger I put stickers on everything, but back then they were like little snowmen & Mickey Mouse, now though I have a whole collection of Brandy Melville & Glossier stickers.
- Anything Vintage- This year has been all about making old things new again! In past years you wouldn’t be caught dead in a thrift/vintage store, but now old things are new again… meaning now you see a ton of girls thrifting to keep up with the trend (including me)
There were so so many good movies this year, but i’m just gonna list some of my favs:
- Avengers: Infinitey War
- Mama Mia! Here We Go Again
- The Hate U Give
- The Nutcracker
- A Simple Favor
- Black Panther
2018 has been quite the year! This year has gone by so fast, but has been filled with a lot of amazing things… including starting this blog!! I really don’t know what I would of done if I wouldn’t have started this blog because it has given me such amazing opportunities to meet and chat with people from all over the world. Thank you to everyone who has supported me with the start of my blogging journey, and everyone who filled my year with great memories. I hope you guys had a great 2018…
CHEERS TO 2019!!!!
xoxo- Ashlyn Kate